Outliner Lighto is a simple console-based Outliner written in Free Pascal. It can be used for hierarchical text editing, TODO lists, putting down ideas, organizing projects and other things that can be represented as a form of hierarchical text.
The program has the following features:
- Outline tree manipulation commands (like moving a node up/down in the hierarchy)
- A default outline file is always available (can be used with a service like Dropbox to sync outlines between computers)
- Nodes can be marked as tickable (great for TODO lists)
- A tickable node with subnodes gets a percentage which shows the number of ticked subnodes (and sub-subnodes, if any)
- Non-tickable nodes under tickable nodes are displayed as labels
- VI-like and arrow-based navigation with mostly single-key commands
- The ability to create pointer nodes that "point" to another node in the hierarchy (note: this is experimental, use the / key to try it)
- Simple scripting with LIL
Outliner Lighto can be used under Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.